PDA

View Full Version : A very strange question/problem.

Biffklump
08-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Hi everyone :)

This is my site. www.efmetall.se

If you click on the "Galleri", then click on the pics to ses the fullsize version something strange happens. On some computers, the picture loads within seconds, on others it can take up to 2 min to load.

First I checked it on my mac and then on a PC, on the mac it loaded in 2 sec wile on the PC it took 1 min. The strage part is that I used the same connection, 10 megabit.

On my friends computers it is the same results, some see the fullsize versions really fast, others have to wait minutes.

Why is this? Can anyone explain this to an computeridiot. This is the first site I created.

Thanks alot :)

Ricky55
08-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Like your site. Nice to see something different.

All images loaded fine for me, Safari on Mac but you've already said that.

Strange issue.

DWcourse
08-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Woah! That's a large file! If you're going to use it at 1053 x 592 pixels, downsize it to that in Photoshop and place the small image on the page. With rare exceptions, you should never resize images using the height and width attributes. It just wastes bandwidth.

Edit: I accidentally inserted an unbelievably large file size. It's actually about 360K. It can easily be downszed to less than 80k.

Biffklump
08-12-2009, 09:04 AM
OH, ok, Thanks alot. I will try to make a smaller file on all of the pictures in the gallery. I am kinda new at this, how do I downsize a picture, should I change the file format from .jpg to something else? How is the easiest way to doing this?

Ricky55: Thanks! It is my first site and I am kinda glad that ALMOST everything works :)

Biffklump
08-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Okay, I have now downsized the pictures but it still the same problem, on some computers it loads fast, on others it takes minutes. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks alot.

www.efmetall.se

domedia
08-12-2009, 06:58 PM
45 http requests and almost 600kb of data.
My guess is that it's just too large for some internet connections.
The thumbnail images are resized in the browser, but that's after the browser downloads the full image.

Biffklump
08-13-2009, 09:13 AM
So is there any way of making the files much smaller?

edbr
08-13-2009, 09:51 AM
optimising them in a photoeditor. photoshop fireworks or the like maybe gimp but im not sure of its capabilities