PDA

View Full Version : Folder troubles in dreamweaver cs3

WotNow
08-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Hi! I have a folder on my local computer called Kimberley Web Design.

In that folder are many other folders relating to the pages in my website. I realised some time ago that I should not have put the spaces in the name of the folder because I get this:

file://localhost/Users/amandamcinerney/Documents/Kimberley%20Web%20Design/maintenance.html

ie the %20. Now I am scared that if I simply change the folder name to KimberleyWebDesign, I will mess with all the links in all the pages (more than 20 pages). Can somebody tell me whether dreamweaver will automatically update all links site wide, with no mistakes?

I also have a folder called Test which I was using to develop new pages, (which has flash, java scripts, xml files). I would also like to change the name of this folder.

Thanks in advance to any advice.

domedia
08-10-2009, 12:30 AM
I think you should be ok, as long as you change it within DW and not in windows explorer.
Either way it only takes 10 seconds to try and if it does not work, change it back.

edbr
08-10-2009, 01:50 AM
yes DW will alter the links if you change names

DWcourse
08-10-2009, 02:20 AM
Yes, you make the changes in DW's Files window, it will ask you to approve changing the links in your files. It works great but I'd still back up your root folder first AND test thoroughly afterward.

WotNow
08-10-2009, 06:36 AM
Thanks to you all. Thought it would be better to be safe than sorry.

edbr
08-10-2009, 06:50 AM
it usually is :)