PDA

View Full Version : Divs

gigiloumill
08-08-2009, 01:44 AM
Why is working with divs so annoying? I understand that tables are not any good anymore but why are these divs so annoying? The never line up correctly. Is there a trick to create a div after creating one and being able to take the cursor out to make the next one. It seems that it if it's not done in a certain way no matter what you do to the next div, it would never line up correctly. I have a problem with dissappearing divs and no one seems to know why; is it just me with annoying problems? People laughed at FP but guess what? I neve had so many problems with FP. Someone please reply if you have a trick to this thing. Thanks.

edbr
08-08-2009, 02:03 AM
do you work only in design view? if so use split view at least then it will be easy to insert where ever you want in the code section .
if they do not line up correctly then it would suggest you are missing something, show us some examples and wecan try to help

gigiloumill
08-08-2009, 02:40 AM
I really don't know what to show you. I have 3 inches away from a div and when I view, the thing is on top of each other and I can't find anything wrong.

edbr
08-08-2009, 03:27 AM
code example then

gigiloumill
08-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Thanks for your help e. I just found the mystery to the disappearing divs and not lining up issue. NEVER work with the cursor in the "center" align position. Always keep it at default and that's to the left. If you need to center a div, do it with the "auto" feature.

domedia
08-09-2009, 08:37 PM
aligning is for inline elements. If you're trying to center a DIV that way it's because you don't understand the difference between block and inline elements. It's perfectly fine to center content using text-align: center 8)

gigiloumill
08-10-2009, 12:21 PM
I wasn't trying to center a div that way; I just simply kept the cursor in the center position as I was building them..