PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver Layout Problems

Mazz
08-07-2009, 03:03 AM
HELP!!!!!!! I only know the basics of web designing. I have designed a new website. See www.concours.com.au (http://www.concours.com.au). I had designed it on 1024x768 screen resolution. It works perfectly here. But, when you change the resolution the text and photos layers move off centre. I think it has something to do with the layers. I had used a template for the background colours. :confused:

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

edbr
08-07-2009, 03:19 AM
its probably because of the absolutely positioned layers they are referencing from the screen edge and changing with the resolution

Mazz
08-07-2009, 04:04 AM
Thanks for your reply. Would you know how to fix this problem. ? by making the layers tables? Or would you know of a tutorial that fixes these types of problems??
:-)

edbr
08-07-2009, 04:11 AM
no dont use tables but rather use relative positioning.
you might be able to use a wrapper div such as
#wrapper{width:sizepx margin: auto;}//set your size
then wrap all your content in this div. the containing layers will then take their reference from the div not the screen (so to speak) worth a try but i havent checked tis to see if that will solve your prob TBH it certainly womt hurt though

DWcourse
08-07-2009, 01:47 PM
You also have other issues in your code. For instance these lines:

</html>

<html>
<head>
</head>
you should have only one set of html opening and closing tags and they should wrap the entire code (except for a DocType declaration at the top)

And you also should have only one set of open and closing head tags. The closing head tag should be right before the opening body tag.