PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

GTB
07-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Hi, Maybe I should have done this before making my first few posts but I was in a bit of a hurry.

I am a very amateur owner of a website based in Bristol, England.

I am 39, married with a son and two West Higland terrier dogs called Thunder and lightning.

I work as a fireman and in my spare time I enjoy running my website and an Enemy Territory game server.

I think that says roughly everything about me.

Nice to be here, a very informative forum, well done to the creators.

No doubt I will be here a lot in future asking many questions, and you never know, one day I might even be able to answer a question myself.

Take Care All.

Jittor
07-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Hi GTB,

Welcome to the forums. I love this forum, I have been a member for quite some time now, sometimes I disappear for a while, but I always come back. This is a very helpful forum and the members are always friendly and helpful. I hope to see you around more.

PS - In my past life I think I was a fireman as I often have found myself thinking about fire rescue and being a fireman. Strange I know but it's true.

Corrosive
07-29-2009, 05:44 PM
I am a very amateur owner of a website based in Bristol, England.

Ah, ha. Another Bristolian :) In true West Country fashion...welcome me babber :wink:

GTB
07-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Haha, hello from sunny Bishopsworth.

Just out of curiosity, am I the only one who doesn't get directed to peoples homepages when i click on the drop down menu above peoples names ?

Corrosive
07-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Haha, hello from sunny Bishopsworth.

Now I know that is a lie...it's been pi**ing it down all day 8-)

Just out of curiosity, am I the only one who doesn't get directed to peoples homepages when i click on the drop down menu above peoples names ?

Not sure what you mean...on this forum?

GTB
07-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Yes on this forum, if I click on your name above your avatar a drop down menu appears and one of the links is Visit Corrosive's homepage!

Doesn't seem to work for me though.

Maybe the sun is getting to me !

Jittor
07-29-2009, 06:07 PM

Same for me - does nothing when I click "View Jittor's Homepage"

Corrosive
07-29-2009, 06:20 PM
I don't even get a dropdown box but Chrome has always been a bit funny with this site.

Most people put their sites in sig links after 50 posts anyway.

edbr
07-30-2009, 02:11 AM
hi welcome to the forum. good luck getting rid of those pesky wizard children btw

Corrosive
07-30-2009, 07:23 AM
good luck getting rid of those pesky wizard children btw

That's it! I was trying to work out who/what that image was. :roll:

GTB
07-30-2009, 08:34 AM
He's got hair EXACTLY like mine.

If all mine hadn't have already fallen out.

But I'm sure I could grow it back like that if I wanted too.

edbr
07-30-2009, 08:43 AM
ah magic !