PDA

View Full Version : Splitting A Circle

spazzer
07-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Hi All,
I have not used Fireworks before ,can anyone explain to me step by step how to split a circle into four equal parts to use as box corners in Dreamweaver !

P.S. (I have also posted same question in the Fireworks section but there seems to have been no posts for sometime there so sorry if duplicated)

Thanks,
Nick C :smile:

Ricky55
07-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Create a new file

Draw out a rounded rectangle the size you want.

Select the rectangle, right click and choose to flatten.

Now cut away the parts you don't want using the marque tool, once you have them selected just press delete and those parts will be deleted.

Just create one corner, and copy it four times rotating by 90 degrees to get your four corners.

You can use javascript though to create rounded corners on divs.

See

http://www.html.it/articoli/niftycube/index.html

d a v e
07-29-2009, 05:41 AM
or create new file
draw a vertical and a horizontal guide roughly in the centre of your dodument (show your rulers and drag guides from each axis)

select ellipse tool, and then with alt+shift pressed align the cross hair where the guides intersect and click and drag out a circle to about 100px-200px diameter

select the rectangle tool and draw one rectangle to cover the left half of the circle (it will snap to the guide) select both circle and rectangle and modify > combine paths punch

draw a rectangle to cover the bottom of the circle and repeat (punch out) now you have a vector corner

alternatively view > grid > show grid,
view > grid > snap to grid

zoom in a bit (say 400%)
select the pen tool and click to start a path i the top left corner of any grid square, move the pen tool to the diagonal corner, and with the shift key depressed (to constrain the angle) move the pen tool cursor down to the bottom of the next grid square to produce your arc.

set the desired stroke properties. save for future use ;)