PDA

View Full Version : adding audio into this..?

djshongo
07-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Hi, i want to incorporate this look into one of my webpages, however i'd like the visitor to have the option to play music in the background, explaining the pics on screen..

http://www.airtightinteractive.com/photos/

What would the easiest way to do this be?

The audio would only be ONE track, approx 3mins, mp3.

Or it could play in the background, altho I think that may become very irritating! And i know its not recommended!

Thanks!

:)

Ricky55
07-28-2009, 12:23 PM
This is done completely in Flash and would be very easy to add audio explain each image.

You could for instance have a little speaker icon that would explain the image.

This would be better than background music IMO.

Ricky55
07-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Nice that simple viewer but you could build that your self.

djshongo
07-28-2009, 01:49 PM
This is done completely in Flash and would be very easy to add audio explain each image.

You could for instance have a little speaker icon that would explain the image.

This would be better than background music IMO.

Ive downloaded the simple viewer, which is free, and I got and XML file (contains all the images and captions), and index.HTML file (contains the simple viewer), and a SWF file (which is a flash version of the viewer.)

I cant edit the SWF, so should i edit the HTML file, and add a flash audio button there?

thanks

Ricky55
07-28-2009, 08:47 PM
You could really do with be able to edit the flash file.

You could probably create a separate flash file that's embedded into the same page, thats invisible, ie black. You could then add extra data to the xml file to tie an audio file to each image.

If this sounds like hard work, you may be better just creating a background audio but then you won;t get the audio to describe the image that is currently being viewed.

djshongo
07-30-2009, 03:14 PM
thanks Ricky, it does sound like a lotta hard work.. i dunno!

All i want is audio in the background to decsribe the GROUP of pics that will be on screen, so it doesnt matter if the audio doesnt match the pic.. It will beore of an audio commentary rather than audio description. The audio is aprox 3mins long, mp3.

If i set it as background music will it loop? Or can i possible have a button on the page so that when the visitor clicks it, the mucis plays..

thanks!