PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver 8 - Tables Jumping

JMasterJ
07-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Hi all......

I had created a fairly simple set of tables, with some nested tables inside some rows/columns of others... I cant remember the last time I had such a problem, but for some reason, on the center column where I am to put in all the content, whenever I put in too may lines/paragraphs, or write too much text, or paste an image in there, the table format jumps and all goes misaligned... no refresh or anything can get it back, and the HTML doesnt seem to be telling me anything... (I will post the HTML if u need it)... I do have background images here and there in the tables, as well as some graphics, but nothing special at all.

This is also in plain HTML, no CSS involved at all. I have seen this happen before in some other templates, although this one I created myself from scratch to ensure it was clean... so much for that! If you have any idea what it can be, please let me know, thanks!

Corrosive
07-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Don't use tables for layout.

DWcourse
07-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Ditto what Corrosive said.

When you use tables for design, the size of each cell can affect all those around it so, unless you plan very carefully, adding extra content to one cell can throw the entire design out of whack.