PDA

View Full Version : Sending form to db in remote server...

gigiloumill
07-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Good morning guys:

I have a PHP server set up locally. I am able to submit a registration form to the database in PhpMyadmin locally and retrieve information as well. But now I need to upload website to a remote server to be live. My problem is, now I don't know how to send that same form to PhpMyadmin in the remote server. I set up the fields in the remote db to mirror the fields on the form. I tried testing it through DW but I can't get it to log in. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.

edbr
07-24-2009, 12:59 AM
first databases ar estred in a msql server phpadmin is what it says an admin program which connects to your database server.
on your local server the host is localhost. also in the live server it probably is also how ever if you want to connect remotely and your hosting allows it you will need the settings from your hoster often mysql.your server.com but not always.
not sure why you want to connect with DW anyway, you have tested it locally so now putting it onlline is for a live site to connect to it

gigiloumill
07-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Yes, i would like to make sure that when I put the site live that there are no errors. So, in order to test, the form would have to be in the server already? I know is not the script but probably the log in config but this server I am trying to test it on is very limited as far as customer service. Time to go somewhere else. Thanks

edbr
07-25-2009, 02:14 AM
just test it live on the server its what you will want eventually anyway

gigiloumill
08-10-2009, 12:38 PM
It's been a while but, if anyone is having the same problem. Go into your remote server and set your ip address.