PDA

View Full Version : dead end soon please help!

unplugged_81
07-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Hi!to all
I have just finish part of a website im working on.(not all is done).
In dreamweaver all looks good,but once i open internet explorer to see
my website www.intamicoshipping.com (http://www.intamicoshipping.com) i notice that the back ground image is not there, everything is in blank,but if you right click on the page
and you select all you will notice all the righting is still there(letters are in white and background too that is why you cannot see it,now the funnypart!!

When i click on the on the (history) section as well as the (client) (project/experience) and (last voyage/qualified run crews)
everything goes well the background image is back{blue color BG}

BUT

When i click on the (company) section as well as the(services/activities)
(qualification/personnel) all goes back to blank,just like the first time you visit the www.intamicoshipping.com (http://www.intamicoshipping.com) web page.

all links are good but the only thing is why is the background image not
there when you go on first time to see the page and on company,services/activities and qualification/personnel.

all my files are in html(7files) with a background image(in the images folder) but all of theme are in the same place.

please need some help..thaks in adv... ps: im using dreamweaver mx 2004

MagicPower
07-20-2009, 09:09 PM
you are right all other pages work fine exept the index.html file. something or file(s) is missing on the remote server that links to the index.html file, it could either be your css file or images folder or even both but i must admit that i have never come accross something like this before. stick around some one else will also offer you some more support

Corrosive
07-20-2009, 09:14 PM
You're immediate problem is this...

body {
background-image: url(file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/intamico_backgroud_merged.jpg);
}

It is referencing a file on your desktop...which I don't have access to funnily enough. You need to make this link relevant to the root of your live website.

You have many other display issues when it comes to the rest of the site in Chrome and Firefox as well. Don't think you are that close to finishing I'm afraid.

unplugged_81
07-20-2009, 09:28 PM
thanks guys , so the problem is due to the link im going to check it now
i will keep in touch tks,please comment on the website tks..

unplugged_81
07-20-2009, 10:07 PM
I forgot to say that im working on 2 computers,the save location are not
the same, in one computer i save in d:drive(for exemple) and in the other one in c: drive
now i was wondering .when i start dreamweaver on any of my 2 computers
does it automatically upload any changes i had made.I think there
may be a conflict beteewn output save destinations.can this be posible,
if so is it better if i just remove all the files from one of my computer.!!

DWcourse
07-20-2009, 10:17 PM
It's certainly easier to work on a site on only one computer but it's not necessary. Working on two computer requires being very careful. Basically you need to make sure that you always work on the most recent version of a file.

One way is to always download a file from the server before you edit it.

Another is to synchronize your local site with the remote site before working on it.

And finally, you can check the Enable check in and check out box in the remote site definition. Just give yourself a different name on each computer and remember to check the files in when you're done.

DWcourse
07-20-2009, 10:20 PM
And one more thing. The remote site definition should be the same on each computer (pay close attention to the Host Directory setting).