PDA

View Full Version : Paying to be listed in Google?

blanchard
07-20-2009, 08:40 AM
Has anybody paid to be listed into google?
And if so how long did it take to get in the list?

Was it worth while or a waste of money?

I'm thinking of paying money to advertise the following website
http://www.countywaterwells.co.uk
on google, but not sure if I was to wait about 3 months after adding it to the google search engine for free that this would appear in the listings anyway.

Has anybody had any success stories with paying to advertise with google?

Corrosive
07-20-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm not sure that a Google listing would take 3 months. No more than a couple of weeks if you register everything using Google Account and Webmaster Tools. Do the usual stuff, sitemap, good quality meta description etc. and you should be fine. Whether Adwords is worth it is a hard decision. What are the direct competition doing? If there are only a few sites covering what you are then it may not be worth it. If you are battling against hundreds with little chance of getting above page 5 then give it a try.

blanchard
07-20-2009, 12:58 PM
ok thanks Corrosive

DWcourse
07-20-2009, 01:27 PM
If you're talking about Google's Adsense program, Corrosive's right. Also you should put some effort into writing your ad AND understanding how the program works so that you get the most effective ads at the least cost. If you offer a product or service, you might create a special landing page for the ads with some kind of offer that you can use to build an email list. Make sure to track your results.

BTW, if by chance you're talking about paying someone to improve your rankings in Google Search (what's generally called SEO or Search Engine Optimization) then the results can take longer. Among the legitimate SEO firms there are also some SEO frauds (particularly the ones who send unsolicited emails) so check them out carefully and get a few bids.

blanchard
07-20-2009, 01:39 PM
thanks for the heads up on SEO frauds.
And I like the idea of creating a special landing page that's a good idea thanks DWcourse.

cocoonfx
07-22-2009, 11:10 AM
look at some of the web magazines out there you could find a vochure like i did for 50 credit. I delibrately choose keywords which would not cost a lot if i got clicks. This put me on to google page 1 for well over 18 months.... You can also get yourself up the google rankings by back linking and listing yourself on web directories etc...

brad319
07-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey, another way to get into google really fast is to build a few squidoo lens and lens roll them.

blanchard
07-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Thanks for your help,
I'm going to try both web magazine and squidoo too thanks