PDA

View Full Version : linking gif to specific place on jpg

marcia
07-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Is there a way to link the words in the sunbursts to a specific place oin the jpg? I can cut apart the gif, but don't know what to do with the jpg which is inside a table cell. I do not have the original book jacket art, or even know how it was created.

Seems like it would be convoluted (if it can be be done), but maybe someone knows how to do it.

www.shoppinginpalmbeach.com

M

DWcourse
07-18-2009, 07:38 PM
You can put an anchor before or after the jpg and link to the anchor but I can't for the life of me figure out what you mean by linking to a specific point in the jpg.

marcia
07-19-2009, 02:43 PM
For instance - the sunburst with the word Paradise should link to the word 'paradise' in the second paragraph of the text on the jpg on the cover on the second page.

I think I need an image map, but haven't researched it yet as I just remembered it.

Thanks for your interest.

M

DWcourse
07-19-2009, 02:53 PM
OK, the word paradise doesn't appear on the page you provided the link for. AND the main text of your pages should not be in an image. It should be straight HTML text.

marcia
07-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Yes, I know - there-in lies the problem. I can't figure out a work-around. The jpeg is all I have, not the original text.

d a v e
07-19-2009, 07:46 PM
"The jpeg is all I have, not the original text." so cut out the photos and type in the text - recreate the whole thing as a proper web page not some crappy looking local newspaper style advert :)

marcia
07-20-2009, 01:02 AM
Thank you for your kind, gentle words.

Of course I could do that, but the client wants her book cover shown just the way it is. This is not an advertisement.http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

DWcourse
07-20-2009, 01:36 AM
This is an ugly solution but it should work.

You could stack some 1 px wide divs next to the image and set the heights so they correspond to the places you want to link to. Then add anchors inside the divs and link to them.

And, no, I can't explain it further,

marcia
07-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Thank you. Luckily, the issue has been diffused by the client so I don't need to do anything. If I did, tho, this is the method I would use.

I have a new issue which I am posting. Maybe you know the anser to that, too.