PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Remove Items from Navigation Bar

Griser12
07-18-2009, 02:09 AM
Hello,

I have a navigation bar within a "Server Includes" and I want to edit the Nav-Bar (delete 4 items and leave one), but only on a couple of pages.

I edited my Nav-Bar within the includes file and it looks OK on my Design view, but when I go online my browser doesn't reflect the changes. So I have 2 questions:

- How do I effectively edit my Nav-Bar it it's inside an includes file?, and

- Is it possible to edit the navigation bar only on one or two pages without affecting the rest of the site? If so how?

The URL for this page is:
http://www.budgetsoftwarereviews.com/how to make a budget/howtomakeabudget

Thanks,

DWcourse
07-18-2009, 02:21 AM
Did you upload the file after making the changes?

Are you sure you uploaded it to the right location?

Griser12
07-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Hi,

Yes I uploaded the file the normal way, clicking on the "Put files" arrow.

I created a file called "how to make a budget" inside the site's root folder.

I left a space between the title words, could that be the reason for my problem?

Thanks,

DWcourse
07-18-2009, 06:36 PM
I created a file called "how to make a budget" inside the site's root folder.

Actually your site structure is messed up. You have a file called index.html inside a directory called "howtomakeabudget" inside a directory called "how to make a budget"

I suspect, you're actually editing a copy of your include file rather than the one actually being used by the page.

You need to understand site structure and define your site remote & local sites properly.

I left a space between the title words, could that be the reason for my problem?

It can be a problem on some servers but it's not your problem here.

Griser12
07-19-2009, 05:07 PM
I appreciate your response. I'll take a look at your Mini Course so I can learn how define my site better.

Thanks,