PDA

View Full Version : Hacking for Explorer

ykaldes
07-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Can't see what is the problem so I guss I need to have some coding to hack IE. I have an image sliced and then added Hotspot, but once I do it it will create a gap between the slices. Removing the Hotspot will bring it back to normal (see it at www.oasiswindowtinting.com/promo.html (http://www.oasiswindowtinting.com/promo.html)) I'm so fastrated with it since it is only happen in IE vrs 8
Anybody have a clue what is going on?

Thanks in advance.

domedia
07-13-2009, 08:16 PM
I think it's based on the approach you're using.. altought I could not see anything wrong with how my IE8 rendered the page.

It looks like you use DIV's for presentational purposes, the way you 'sliced' up this website does not make much sense (to me). You're basically treating DIV's like tables in a way.

ykaldes
07-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the reply.
My client and me both see the gap in the image on IE8. Is it looking fine on your browser? How would you slice the image? :-D

Corrosive
07-14-2009, 06:02 AM
Thanks for the reply.
My client and me both see the gap in the image on IE8. Is it looking fine on your browser? How would you slice the image? :-D

It looks fine on my Chrome and Firefox. I do, however, see the gap in IE7. I don't think Domedia was commenting on how your images are sliced but more how they are put back together. It almost looks like a Photoshop 'export as CSS and Div Tags' effort or even SiteGrinder.

domedia
07-14-2009, 01:19 PM
How would you slice the image? :-D I wouldn't. 8)