PDA

View Full Version : Help please Div Tag approx 5 px off Top & Left

Rajweb
07-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Help please Div Tag approx 5 px off Top & Left

when I place a Div Tag in a New Document it is always approx 5 px off the Top & Right sides in Dreamweaver page and in the Browsers

how to remove/change this offset/spacing ?

all info appreciated

:)

domedia
07-13-2009, 03:57 PM
My best guess is that it's the page margins.

Add this to your stylesheet:

body { margin: 0; padding: 0;}

Rajweb
07-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi Domedia

thank you for your fast reply

yes you are correct.............but ! :)

I now have it with no margin Top & Left in DM...but when opened in browser I still have Top 5 px space/margin showing

?? :)

Adobe:You may have noticed that in the browser window your Web page has some empty space around the outside of your design. The browser adds a margin, but you can set this margin yourself using the margin properties in your Web page.

Margin properties control how close to the edge of the browser window the design appears. You can use these properties to set the design flush to the edge, or to create a larger empty space around it.

Choose Modify > Page Properties, and then enter a number for each of the following fields: Left Margin, Top Margin, Margin Width, Margin Height.

Set each of these to zero if you do not want a margin; otherwise try different combinations until you find the spacing you want.

.................................................. .....................................

Yes when I switch from Design to Live View I get the 5px Top spacing apearing

? :)

edbr
07-14-2009, 02:18 AM
check your pages in an actual browser first to see if it is a problem or not

Rajweb
07-14-2009, 04:32 AM
Hi to all who assisted

it seems zeroing all the Margins has doem the job pefectly

many thank yous

:)