PDA

View Full Version : Backing Up Dreamweaver Files

dlwid
07-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Hi. I recently took over doing very simple updates for a website and I am new to Dreamweaver. I noticed that the computer I am working on does not have any of the files for the website created in Dreamweaver on it. I have tried many different things but cannot figure out a way to save the files onto the computer, I can only get them through the server. Help?
Thanks

domedia
07-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Download the website and work locally on. Then when you're ready to commit the changes, put them on the server.

dlwid
07-14-2009, 05:02 PM
I have tried downloading the website by using the get command but when I try to use it in the document window or the files panel I cannot select the get option. Is there any other way to download the website? Why is dreamweaver not allowing me to use the Get option?

Corrosive
07-14-2009, 05:26 PM
I have tried downloading the website by using the get command but when I try to use it in the document window or the files panel I cannot select the get option. Is there any other way to download the website? Why is dreamweaver not allowing me to use the Get option?

Have you defined your site using the inbuilt Dreamweaver details? Look in Domedia's signature there is a tut on how to do this.

domedia
07-14-2009, 05:40 PM
It could also be that the site is checked out by someone else.
Make sure you're familiar with site development in DW and how it handles sites and versions before you start editing a website.