PDA

View Full Version : links do not work please help!!

unplugged_81
07-09-2009, 09:27 PM
hi all! I just finished my web page everything is ok,but wen i preview my page on web browser preview(f12)in dreamweaver all is ok, all but my links,wen i click on them it says(The page cannot be displayed) .I have saved my html's on the same folder root.tks in adv,

please help!

Corrosive
07-09-2009, 10:31 PM
hi all! I just finished my web page everything is ok,but wen i preview my page on web browser preview(f12)in dreamweaver all is ok, all but my links,wen i click on them it says(The page cannot be displayed) .I have saved my html's on the same folder root.tks in adv,

please help!

If you have the site uploaded then please post a link. If not, post your menu code. Thanks

unplugged_81
07-09-2009, 11:30 PM
hi corrosive ,im new to dreamweaver i did not upload the site yet,where can i find the menu code to show you.tks for your time.

DWcourse
07-09-2009, 11:47 PM
In DW go to the Split View. Select your menu in the design half of Split View and the code will be selected in the code half. Copy that code.

unplugged_81
07-10-2009, 07:20 PM
I this the code menu!
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
background-image: url(file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/intamico_backgroud_merged.jpg);
}
body,td,th {
font-size: 14px;
color: #FFFFFF;
}
.style3 {font-size: 12px}
.style4 {font-size: large}
.style5 {font-size: medium}
.style6 {font-size: 14px}
a:link {
text-decoration: none;
}
a:visited {
}
a:hover {
color: #FFFF00;
}
a:active {
}
-->
</style>
</head>
<body>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<p align="left" class="style3">&nbsp;</p>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
<p align="left" class="style3">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Home&nbsp;page&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="intamico_webpage2_company.html" target="_self">&nbsp;The&nbsp;company</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="/intamico_webpage3_services-activities.html" target="_self">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Services/activities</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="/intamico_webpage4_qualifications-personnel.html" target="_self">Qualifications/personnel&nbsp;</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Contact&nbsp;us&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L inks</p>
<p align="left" class="style3">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="/intamico_webpage7_History.html" target="_self">&nbsp;History</a></p>
<p align="left" class="style3">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="/intamico_webpag8_Clients.html" target="_self">&nbsp;Clients</a></p>
<p align="left" class="style3">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="/intamico_webpag9_Projects-experience.html" target="_self">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Projects/Experience</a></p>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
<p align="left" class="style4"> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="/intamico_webpag10_last%20management%20qual%20run%2 0crews.html" target="_self">&nbsp;<span class="style3">Last voyages/Qualified&nbsp;run&nbsp;crews</span></a><span class="style3">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Clients</p>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<p align="left" class="style5">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</p>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
<p>Our&nbsp;clients&nbsp;have&nbsp;been&nbsp;from&nbsp;across&nbsp;the&nbsp;spectrum:as&nbsp; in&nbsp;fleet,and&nbsp;singleton&nbsp;owners</p>
<p>Charterers,Governments&nbsp;departments,Oils&nbsp;companies, &nbsp;Maritime&nbsp;lawyers</p>
<p>entrepreneurs&nbsp;in&nbsp;start&nbsp;up&nbsp;operations&nbsp;ship&nbsp;brokers, &nbsp;last&nbsp;voyage&nbsp;run&nbsp;crews</p>
<p>demolition&nbsp;yards</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Our&nbsp;clients&nbsp;generally&nbsp;have&nbsp;come&nbsp;to&nbsp;use&nbsp;us&nbsp;from&nbsp;a&nbsp;r eferral&nbsp;by&nbsp;previous&nbsp;experience</p>
<p>with&nbsp;associates&nbsp;or&nbsp;project&nbsp;participants&nbsp;in&nbsp;the&nbsp;ind ustry.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Many&nbsp;times&nbsp;they&nbsp;have&nbsp;exhausted&nbsp;their&nbsp;initial&nbsp;inqui ries&nbsp;for&nbsp;professional&nbsp;advice&nbsp;with</p>
<p>the&nbsp;high&nbsp;flying,glossy&nbsp;advertisements&nbsp;of&nbsp;marine&nbsp;ma nagers&nbsp;magazines,or&nbsp;are</p>
<p>frustrated&nbsp;or&nbsp;confused&nbsp;by&nbsp;the&nbsp;mire&nbsp;of&nbsp;bureaucratic &nbsp;procedures&nbsp;and&nbsp;regulations </p>
<p>impeding&nbsp;their&nbsp;timetable.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>We&nbsp;like&nbsp;to&nbsp;think&nbsp;that,given&nbsp;a&nbsp;minimum&nbsp;of&nbsp;vital&nbsp;inf ormation&nbsp;at&nbsp;first&nbsp;enquiry&nbsp;stage, </p>
<p>we&nbsp;can&nbsp;quickly&nbsp;<strong>assess&nbsp;</strong>a&nbsp;project's&nbsp;viability,<strong>give&nbsp;</strong>an&nbsp;opinion&nbsp;as&nbsp;to&nbsp;time/method,and </p>
<p><strong>estimate</strong>&nbsp;cost&nbsp;of&nbsp;clearing&nbsp;the&nbsp;blockage&nbsp;and&nbsp;<strong>expedite&nbsp;</strong>with&nbsp;appropriate&nbsp;assistance, </p>
<p>and&nbsp;ongoing&nbsp;recommendations&nbsp;for&nbsp;participation.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><strong>Contact&nbsp;us&nbsp;by&nbsp;e&nbsp;mail:</strong>&nbsp;Anthony.airey07@gmail.com&nbsp;or&nbsp;mimoca77@gmail.c om</p>
<p>Cell&nbsp;Ph#''s&nbsp;Mr.Anthony&nbsp;Airey(514)292&nbsp;-7255&nbsp;Mr&nbsp;Carlos&nbsp;Laguna&nbsp;(514)570-&nbsp;3200</p>
<p>Fax&nbsp;(450)479-&nbsp;8877</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p align="left" class="style6">&nbsp;</p>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>
<blockquote>&nbsp;</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</body>
</html>

DWcourse
07-10-2009, 07:33 PM
OMG!

Anyhow, your links are relative to the root folder of your site. IF you have defined your site correctly in Dreamweaver AND you preview you page from DW the links should work on the page you are previewing but won't work on any pages you link to from that page.

If you didn't configure your site correctly OR you try to preview the page directly in your browser the links will be broken. But they should work when your site is uploaded. That's because links beginning with a slash start looking for the page in the root folder which, on your computer, is the boot disk.

unplugged_81
07-11-2009, 03:34 AM
thanks guys for the help ,i will check this out