PDA

View Full Version : Changing one page, updating them all

rhythmofthecosmos
07-08-2009, 04:04 PM
hi,

I have made the basis for my website with all pages now having a viewable page. I still need to update certain things when I add more such as RSS feeds and blog updates etc.

Is it possible to just update one page and then it will update them all for you?

I hope I made what am trying to find out clear :)

Happy Wednesday :)

Corrosive
07-08-2009, 04:10 PM
hi,

I have made the basis for my website with all pages now having a viewable page. I still need to update certain things when I add more such as RSS feeds and blog updates etc.

Is it possible to just update one page and then it will update them all for you?

I hope I made what am trying to find out clear :)

Happy Wednesday :)

Have a look at Dreamweaver's template system (.dwt) or PHP 'includes'

rhythmofthecosmos
07-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks,

Just to get it clear in my head..

I have my index.html which is my main page.

If I make a template out of this and then for every new page go to modify> apply template.

I still want the whole page to be editable cause i change my mind alot.

So if I add something like RSS feeds, I can apply them to the index.html and then go to modify > update pages.

And if I add something that is unique to that page, I have the option of not updating and thus keeping that on that page.

sorry I just wanted to get it straight in my head.

Thanks

Corrosive
07-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Thanks,

Just to get it clear in my head..

I have my index.html which is my main page.

If I make a template out of this and then for every new page go to modify> apply template.

I still want the whole page to be editable cause i change my mind alot.

So if I add something like RSS feeds, I can apply them to the index.html and then go to modify > update pages.

And if I add something that is unique to that page, I have the option of not updating and thus keeping that on that page.

sorry I just wanted to get it straight in my head.

Thanks

If you have the whole page as editable then there is no point. Try settling on a design and sticking to it! Editable regions are for the unique content on each page.

rhythmofthecosmos
07-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Looks like am gonna have to do it the hard way then :(

thanks for your help again :)

Corrosive
07-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Looks like am gonna have to do it the hard way then :(

thanks for your help again :)

Call it 'character building' :wink: