PDA

View Full Version : Load order of Flash objects - please help!

Stigg
07-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a relatively simple way to 'tell' Dreamweaver which order to load Flash objects on a web page? My problem is that i have a basic HTML page with two Flash objects - one being an intro animation, and the other the menu system. Because the intro sequence is quite long it takes a while to load, however, Dreamweaver waits for this to load before it loads the menu system, rendering the page useless until everything has loaded. Say you would like to skip the intro and just proceed to a different page, you have no menu items to select until the entire intro animation has loaded.

Is there a way to switch around this order, so that the menu loads first and the intro animation last??

Please bear in mind that i'm a novice in web design and this is only the second site i've built! (i.e. please avoid mega-technical answers! thanks)

Cheers,

Ian

fattat
07-08-2009, 09:06 AM
to solve this problem...dont use flash menu in flash intro..
because it need time to finish loading..

do a simple skip button in html..so if the flash intro take long time to load,
user can directly skip this flash intro

Stigg
07-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Thanks, i did think about that and will add it in. However the problem is that the menu still loads last whereby i would like it to be the first object on the page to load. The Flash menu and the Flash intro animation are two separate objects - i.e. the menu is not 'within' the intro object.

Cheers,

Ian

Stigg
07-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Could anyone else offer some advice on changing the load order of Flash objects??

Thanks.