PDA

View Full Version : New To Dreamweaver (ex Frontpage)

Hampo
07-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Hi I am currently a Frontpage 2003 user and am at the beginning of transfering my sites over to Dreamweaver.

I have created my template however I am experiencing the following problems (you can view my template at) http://australianartilleryassociation.com/test/AAA%20Website%20in%20Dreamweaver/Website/index.asp

a. the size of my two Australian Artillery Association logos on either side at the top is 135px in height and the combined height of the 3 banners in the middle is also 135px however I am unable to get them to come together so that they blend together and are of an equel height to the two outer logos.

b. my second problem is with the menu. I have tried everything I know to get it to butt up against the top and ultimately it should should butt up tight against the two logos and the banner at the top but for whatever reason that excapes me I am unable to achieve this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in assisting me to achieve this.

Thanks heaps in anticipation.

Hampo

maartenvr
07-07-2009, 03:28 AM
When coding with tables you run into problems like this. I would strongly suggest to go with a CSS layout. Then you will be able to to all this with ease.

Hampo
07-08-2009, 04:27 AM
Thanks for the advice, that is one avenu I will need to pursue in the very near future by the looks of it.

Again many thanks it is appreciated greatly.

Hampo