PDA

View Full Version : 1st post, edit question

sedah
07-03-2009, 06:04 PM
hello everyone, this is my first post...hopefully this forum will server me well :-D

anyways my question is, how can I edit my main page so that it edits the rest of my pages as well? sorry for such a noob question :lol:

DWcourse
07-03-2009, 06:56 PM
In Dreamwaever, you can build your pages from a Dreamweaver template (a .dwt file) and then update the template to update all the pages based upon that template. If your pages weren't based upon a template, you'll need to edit each individually.

sedah
07-03-2009, 07:10 PM
In Dreamwaever, you can build your pages from a Dreamweaver template (a .dwt file) and then update the template to update all the pages based upon that template. If your pages weren't based upon a template, you'll need to edit each individually.

thank you for the responce, Ive already tried creating a .dwt file, its called index.dwt under the templates folder...then i wanted to add another page so i went to newpage>templates>index.dwt then create, the problem is it wont let me edit any of it.? any suggestions?

DWcourse
07-03-2009, 07:13 PM
For a template to be useful, you have to create editable regions within it. The editable regions contain the parts of the page you want to be able to update individually on each page created from the template. The rest of the page will be locked on the individual pages but, when you update those regions in the .dwt file, the changes will flow through to all the pages created from the template.

sedah
07-03-2009, 07:17 PM
For a template to be useful, you have to create editable regions within it. The editable regions contain the parts of the page you want to be able to update individually on each page created from the template. The rest of the page will be locked on the individual pages but, when you update those regions in the .dwt file, the changes will flow through to all the pages created from the template.

how do i go about creating editable regions?

sedah
07-03-2009, 07:33 PM
ahh found it, thank you so much for the help. have one last question, what if i already have a site goin and already have say 10pages, is there a way i can go by so that when i edit the main page it edits the rest of the 10pages as well?

DWcourse
07-03-2009, 09:03 PM
ahh found it, thank you so much for the help. have one last question, what if i already have a site goin and already have say 10pages, is there a way i can go by so that when i edit the main page it edits the rest of the 10pages as well?
Not without doing some work (convert to template or replacing repetitive content with includes).

sedah
07-04-2009, 07:27 PM
awesome, thakns alot mang, got everything fixed :)