PDA

View Full Version : Linking menus in a different way

Kan20
07-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Hello:

I want my one of my website's menus (Blog menu) to link to one site, which is very easy to do. But I want it to work in a different way. Here's how I want the Blog menu to work:

When I click on the blog menu, it should take me to the new site and the site should open in a new tab/window. Once I close the linked (new) site, I should be able to see the content of my blog page, i.e., once I close the linked (new) site it should direct to the blogs page of my website, where there will be some content to read.

Hope I could explain it properly. Does anybody know how to do this? Can anybody tell me whether it is really possible to do this or not?

Thanks in advance,
Kangana

domedia
07-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Hi Kangana. Is there no easier way of explaining this? 8)

Kan20
07-04-2009, 04:41 AM
Hmmm...okay, let me try explaining it in a simpler way.

I want add Blog section to my website. The Blog page will have some content in it. Also I want to link the Blog menu (from the home page) to another site. Basically, the Blog menu should link to the Blog page and also to that another site. But I want this to work in a different way:

When I click on the Blog page it should take me to that another site, but it shouldn't display the Blogs page on my website. The Blogs page will be displayed only after I close that another site.

Hope I've made it simpler.:-)

Thanks,
Kangana

DWcourse
07-04-2009, 05:16 AM
:confused: can you point us to an example of what you're trying to do?

Kan20
07-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Sorry, I don't have any example to show up. In fact am not very sure whether it is really possible to do or not.

I'll try to explain it again:
I have a Blog page in my website. When I click the "Blog" menu from some other page, it takes me to this Blob page.

Can it also be coded so that another window (URL for another blog page), also pops up over this one? That way, I will only see the Blog page when I shut down the popup blog window.

Please let me know if this is possible or not.

Thanks,
K

Corrosive
07-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Sorry, I don't have any example to show up. In fact am not very sure whether it is really possible to do or not.

I'll try to explain it again:
I have a Blog page in my website. When I click the "Blog" menu from some other page, it takes me to this Blob page.

Can it also be coded so that another window (URL for another blog page), also pops up over this one? That way, I will only see the Blog page when I shut down the popup blog window.

Please let me know if this is possible or not.

Thanks,
K

I don't think this is possible. You can open a link in another window, that part is fairly straightforward. But you are basically asking if a single link can open two pages, one external and one in your site and I haven't come across a way of doing this.

edbr
07-09-2009, 01:04 AM
it would need a pop up to load every time that page is loaded , so a javascript function fired with onLoad in the body might do it , could be a bit annoying though