PDA

View Full Version : Rollover frames will not work

designman882
07-02-2009, 05:56 PM
I had many pages of our company's website set up to have a white frame appear when you rollover selected images. I did this using CSS and the behaviors panel. This method worked well for both the local and remote versions. I noticed lately that the remote version is no longer working, but the local version works just fine. I have tried modifying pages and synchronizing but nothing seems to work. The only change that I can think of is that I am administering the website from a different computer now. Any theory as to why the frames no longer work on the remote version of our website. The remote version is the important one because that is the one on the web.

Here is a link to our website: http://www.sarnackiaia.com/ (http://www.sarnackiaia.com/)

If you need anythink else let me know.

domedia
07-02-2009, 06:06 PM
There's nothing in the style sheet adding that border.

designman882
07-02-2009, 06:23 PM
I use the following info in the style sheet:

.Tborder {
border: 0px #FFFFFF;
}
.Tborderover {
border: 1px #FFFFFF;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

Along with adding the following in the Behaviors panel:

onMouseOut: TL7.className='Tborder' at on
onMouseOver: TL7.className='Tborderover'

Of course the image name is different for each image but I think you will get the idea. Please keep in mind that this method works fine locally.

Everything worked well for about a year until I changed computers because my computer had issues. I do know that when I first synchronized on the new computer Dreamweaver wanted to replace every file on the remote server. Why it did this I do not know. Something may have been added to every page on the site....I am not sure.

domedia
07-02-2009, 06:31 PM
ah ok, it's the inoine JS that's weird.
View source on your webpage:
<a onmouseout="GCMC1_T.className='Tborder'" onmouseover="GCMC1_T.className='Tborderover'"

What is GCMC1_T?

designman882
07-02-2009, 06:46 PM
"GCMC1_T" is the image name that I am applying the border to. When the mouse is over the image a white border appears. See the sample image that I have attached.

domedia
07-02-2009, 07:18 PM
I use the following info in the style sheet:

.Tborderover {
border: 1px #FFFFFF;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

ok, finally see the real problem.

You need to add a border style to the CSS shorthand property.
Sounds like you want 'solid'
border: 1px solid #FFF;

designman882
07-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Great!!! That fixed one of my issues, but I also have the weird condition of once you click on a thumbnail a faint white dotted border appears. If you don't click on any of the images the border shows up as a rollover as intended, but of course a user is going to select an image. Locally I don't have any of these issues. It is just a problem after I upload to the web. See this link to test out what I am talking about:

http://www.sarnackiaia.com/Pages/On_The_Boards/LP_Lofts.htm

designman882
07-02-2009, 09:11 PM
I figured out how to get rid of the dotted line after I click on images with the following CSS:

a, a:hover, a:visited, a:active {
border:none;
outline:none;
}

domedia
07-02-2009, 10:00 PM
The outline is an important accessibility effect. I would probably leave it alone, it's supposed to be there. Look at any other website.