PDA

View Full Version : Phpbb3 Forum Publishing Help

dzwestwindsor
07-01-2009, 12:36 PM
im using wampserver to test out my forum right now. everything works fine, but i want to put it on my host. what are the steps i need to take in order for the process to be done rite? like.. do i have to install anything? and how would i get my database i created on my computer to my host? im like a newbie at php so i have no clue wat i am doing. someone plz help :confused:

Corrosive
07-01-2009, 12:42 PM
im using wampserver to test out my forum right now. everything works fine, but i want to put it on my host. what are the steps i need to take in order for the process to be done rite? like.. do i have to install anything? and how would i get my database i created on my computer to my host? im like a newbie at php so i have no clue wat i am doing. someone plz help :confused:

You need to use PHP myadmin. This is available as part of cpanel (which I think you have, no?) You will have the ability to import a database in myadmin and that is what I suggest you do first. When it is there you will simply need to upload your forum files to your server and you should be good to go. Btw, is there any reason you haven't used the 'point and click' forum creation on cpanel? Why not set up a fresh forum using that and simply copy over any changes you have made to images and stylesheets? That's what I'd be doing.

dzwestwindsor
07-01-2009, 02:00 PM
wait do i need to install phpbb3 on the host?