PDA

View Full Version : Freely placing images in dreamweaver

victor
06-30-2009, 02:32 PM
hi
I am new to using Dreamweaver MX 2004 and I need to know how to place images freely around the page, any where I want, at the moment it only lets me place it in the top left corner, then when I try to drag it somewhere else, it won't let me

I tried to play around and look for some tutorials but can't seem to find any

thanks in advance people

Corrosive
06-30-2009, 02:42 PM
hi
I am new to using Dreamweaver MX 2004 and I need to know how to place images freely around the page, any where I want, at the moment it only lets me place it in the top left corner, then when I try to drag it somewhere else, it won't let me

I tried to play around and look for some tutorials but can't seem to find any

thanks in advance people

It doesn't really work like that...well, not without massive issues following anyway. You need a site structure built from Div tags and controlled by CSS positioning rules. You can then insert images in your website. Steer clear of tables and absolute positioning for the time being as well.

dzwestwindsor
07-01-2009, 01:40 PM
go onto youtube and search "how to use div tags in dreamweaver" thers some good tutorials out there. once you get your layout done, putting images at a certain spot is much easier, because all you have to do is stick it into a div that is already where you want it to be.

victor
07-01-2009, 09:44 PM
thanks for the advice guys, I'll have a look