PDA

View Full Version : combining frames

X Z A C X
06-30-2009, 01:54 PM
hi i have a website in production that is made up of 4 different frame is there a way that i can combine them all together?

many thanx in advance

X Z A C X

domedia
06-30-2009, 03:09 PM
hi i have a website in production that is made up of 4 different frame is there a way that i can combine them all together?
Yes, combine all the information into one regular web page. If yo need site consistency, have you looked into using DW's template functionality?

Why is the site using frames?

X Z A C X
07-01-2009, 07:04 AM
this is very hard as i have made it in separate frames. and im only new to Dreamweaver and am learning how to use css

Corrosive
07-01-2009, 07:08 AM
this is very hard as i have made it in separate frames. and im only new to Dreamweaver and am learning how to use css

Frames is a really bad way to build a website. Dom is right, your pages should all be one and built with CSS and div tags.

X Z A C X
07-01-2009, 07:27 AM
yes i know this but is there any way to combine it?

Corrosive
07-01-2009, 07:29 AM
yes i know this but is there any way to combine it?

I think you use something called frame sets to display frames as one page. They will always be separate pages but you can display them to the user as one. Is this what you have done?

X Z A C X
07-01-2009, 08:29 AM
where abouts is that tool?

Corrosive
07-01-2009, 09:33 AM
where abouts is that tool?

It's not really a tool it is a method. When you choose to create a new page I believe that DW gives you the option of creating a new frameset. My knowledge of them ends there because I would never use them.

X Z A C X
07-01-2009, 11:08 AM
that's alright do you have any tips on starting css?

Corrosive
07-01-2009, 11:25 AM
that's alright do you have any tips on starting css?

Yes, get your head around the concept of separating content and styles. There are lots of good 'introductions to CSS' on the web. make sure you understand the CSS box model fully as well. Tutorial here...

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/css-box-model.php

Maybe look at Dreamweaver CSS templates and also other sites and free stuff on the web. Start to pick and pull it all apart to see how and why it works.

It can be a difficult concept at first but, once you get going, you will develop quickly.

X Z A C X
07-02-2009, 10:41 AM
cheers mate thanks for some great advice

many thanks

X Z A C X

Corrosive
07-02-2009, 11:43 AM
No problem. You'll be glad you learned it.