PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite book on CSS?

CyberCrone
06-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Yesterday I found a thread where two people raved about a certain book on CSS and today I can't find it again!

So many books out there on CSS and they all get rave reviews on Amazon. I'd like to hear from experienced designers what books you have found most helpful. It could be that the one I saw yesterday was by Stephanie Sullivan but I'm not sure.

I'm a beginner at CSS and DW but I'm also a technical writer so I can cope with advanced material so long as the book starts with the basics.

jaymo
07-11-2009, 10:39 PM
I much prefer just using the net because text in books is out dated too quickly. Especially with the new browser versions every 5 minutes!

CyberCrone
07-12-2009, 02:00 AM
I much prefer just using the net because text in books is out dated too quickly. Especially with the new browser versions every 5 minutes!

I do look up things on the Web but for some things I like a book. Since I posted original message I ordered and received The Missing Manual for both CSS and Dreamweaver and they are great.

jaymo
07-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Good stuff, I suppose a book is good to get the fundamentals of CSS.

CyberCrone
07-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Good stuff, I suppose a book is good to get the fundamentals of CSS.

Yes, I'm a beginner, and sometimes I don't even know what it is I need to know, so I don't even know what to look up on the Web!

With Dreamweaver, they changed a lot in CS4, and in The Missing Manual I discovered things I didn't even know to look for in the new version.