PDA

View Full Version : Form giving an error

Sergio
06-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Hey guys.

I created an website and on the last page I put a form I found on the internet where people can upload files up to 3 MB's. The problem is, when I click send it gives an error. The form was on format PHP and I transfered the code to the HTML page, but I'm certain that I missed some code lines. It says the following:

Firefox cannot find the file in /C:/Documents and Settings/Sergio/Desktop/New Folder (3)/<?= $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];?>?act=send.

Which file if refers to? The PHP file is on the folder.

kremo5le
06-29-2009, 10:17 PM
Hey guys.

I created an website and on the last page I put a form I found on the internet where people can upload files up to 3 MB's. The problem is, when I click send it gives an error. The form was on format PHP and I transfered the code to the HTML page, but I'm certain that I missed some code lines. It says the following:

Firefox cannot find the file in /C:/Documents and Settings/Sergio/Desktop/New Folder (3)/<?= $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];?>?act=send.

Which file if refers to? The PHP file is on the folder.

Not a PHP expert, but that is definitely not a uploaded file. You are testing the file in your computer (c:/Docu...). If you are going to do that install a local server so you can run local tests that will "read" PHP. After that, make sure your server is compatible with PHP. Check the PHP processing file and make sure all fields are "connected" properly. Does the form work without that?

Again not an expert but this could help,

k. :mrgreen:

Sergio
06-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I am trying on my computer, but I also have an website uploaded on an external server, and it gives me the same error, except for the location which is not C:\.

The problem is I grabbed some of the code, copied and pasted on a DIV and it worked, except for the part where we can upload files. I did this because if I pasted all the code, some of it would be spreaded along the page, a mess actually. I'm not a pro in Dreamweaver :(.

"After that, make sure your server is compatible with PHP."

How do I do that?

Thanks anyway for the help, I appreciate it.

kremo5le
06-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I am trying on my computer, but I also have an website uploaded on an external server, and it gives me the same error, except for the location which is not C:\.

The problem is I grabbed some of the code, copied and pasted on a DIV and it worked, except for the part where we can upload files. I did this because if I pasted all the code, some of it would be spreaded along the page, a mess actually. I'm not a pro in Dreamweaver :(.

"After that, make sure your server is compatible with PHP."

How do I do that?

Thanks anyway for the help, I appreciate it.

Hey Sergio,

Maybe if you post that code we can all help you. I will give it a try! And as far as PHP working in your server, it must be a Linux based server and it seems you are ok with that.

Get back to us with the form code,

k. :-D