PDA

View Full Version : Working with cells

gigiloumill
06-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Hi, can someone please tell me how to change the borders in a single cell. I am creating a table and I would like to change the borders from solid to dashed in a single cell only. I do not wish to change on entire table. Thanks

domedia
06-28-2009, 04:22 PM
td.yourClassname { border: 1px solid dashed;}

d a v e
06-28-2009, 05:34 PM
td.yourClassname { border: 1px solid dashed;}

nope :)
it can't be solid AND dashed, can it!

try
td.yourClassname { border: 1px dashed black;}

domedia
06-28-2009, 05:37 PM
nope :)
it can't be solid AND dashed, can it!
haha :mrgreen:
But I want it to!!8)

Corrosive
06-28-2009, 05:39 PM
haha :mrgreen:
But I want it to!!8)

'I want' never got...my mum used to say.

gigiloumill
06-28-2009, 06:29 PM
sorry, but I don't see td.yourclassname anywhere. FrontPage was alot easier to control.

Corrosive
06-28-2009, 06:32 PM
FrontPage was alot easier to control.

And churns out code that only IE will live with ;)

I think Domedia and dave were suggesting that you give the code a class name of your own, as in 'yourclassname' and then apply it to the table cell.

gigiloumill
06-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Thank you. Very easy once you figure it out.

kremo5le
06-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Does this actually mean you can change the border of one single cell? I have a humongous form I need to do stuff for and I did not know this could be done... :(

gigiloumill
06-30-2009, 01:09 AM
yes, you can.

1. Insert field > in id:[name it test (or what ever u want) and hit ok] field will show.
2. Right click inside field > css style> new [name test ^ same as above] hit ok.
3. Css rule definition for [.test] will pop open.
4. On "Category" scroll down to "Border" and set border. [if you select "All", every side of field would look the same. > Hit Apply and then Hit ok.
5. Field WILL look unchanged.
6. Right click > Css styles > pick the name you gave field and voila.
7. Every field would need its own name, otherwise if you name them ALL the same as you hit #6, they WILL all change to the name given.

Good luck and let me know if you need additional help.

kremo5le
06-30-2009, 03:50 AM
yes, you can.

1. Insert field > in id:[name it test (or what ever u want) and hit ok] field will show.
2. Right click inside field > css style> new [name test ^ same as above] hit ok.
4. On "Category" scroll down to "Border" and set border. [if you select "All", every side of field would look the same. > Hit Apply and then Hit ok.
7. Every field would need its own name, otherwise if you name them ALL the same as you hit #6, they WILL all change to the name given.

Oh man! You are the best! I even told my client I could not do it. Well, now seems I will be able to say "YES" thanks to you!

:grin:

Corrosive
06-30-2009, 05:56 AM
Oh man! You are the best! I even told my client I could not do it.

Some humble pie to be consumed there! You can apply styles to any tag. td and tr being just two of them. You would also be much quicker handcoding this. DW has it's uses but you learn a lot more coding IMO.

gigiloumill
06-30-2009, 01:18 PM
You're very welcome.

kremo5le
06-30-2009, 03:52 PM
yes, you can.

Once again, THANK YOU! :grin: