PDA

View Full Version : trouble seeing folder contents on a web page

slipperyjim
06-28-2009, 09:15 AM
Hi,
i am having some trouble with my web page. i am trying to build something small and straight forward for my workplace. below is my file structure (i hope to have this correctly done)

IsolationWebSite (root) - holds my images, fonts and other files
Despatch
Dry Mill A (both inside the root folder)

in despatch and dry mill a i have some .html files created by excel. how do i get my despatch.html in root folder to see the files and any others added automatically in the other folders? on the index page i have navigation buttons to despatch and dry mill. i hope this made sense, thanks for any help

Corrosive
06-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Hi,
i am having some trouble with my web page. i am trying to build something small and straight forward for my workplace. below is my file structure (i hope to have this correctly done)

IsolationWebSite (root) - holds my images, fonts and other files
Despatch
Dry Mill A (both inside the root folder)

in despatch and dry mill a i have some .html files created by excel. how do i get my despatch.html in root folder to see the files and any others added automatically in the other folders? on the index page i have navigation buttons to despatch and dry mill. i hope this made sense, thanks for any help

You'll need to create any further links you need or look at using a CMS like Joomla or Drupal for your site.

slipperyjim
06-28-2009, 09:31 AM
still learning the lingo, what is CMS?

Corrosive
06-28-2009, 09:34 AM
still learning the lingo, what is CMS?

Content Management System (good old wikipedia)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_management_system

They don't tend to make very pretty sites but, if your need is internal to your company, then don't think that matters. You just need easy access to files/documents.