PDA

View Full Version : Click link to change video. How is this done?

Frankieplus
06-28-2009, 06:14 AM
I need to create a web page to show video.

How do I get the video that's playing to change to a new video based on what the viewer has selected? Like you do in YouTube.

In YouTube, you click on a video/link and in the main window it plays. This is exactly what I need to create in a web page. What is the best -optimized- way of doing this.

I'm not after specific instructions but am hoping that someone could guide me in the right direction so I know what I need to learn. Right now I don't have a clue.

-Frankie

domedia
06-28-2009, 05:21 PM
It's all done within the Flash file. You click something and it will load a new video feed.

Frankieplus
06-28-2009, 06:25 PM
It's all done within the Flash file. You click something and it will load a new video feed.

Domedia, thanks for the response.

I checked my question and wasn't sure if I explained myself properly so I figured I'd include a screen shot this time.

On the left is the video playing, when you click on an image on the right, the video on the left will play the relevant video.

Here is a screenshot:
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/frankieplus/page.jpg

Is that how it's done, how you explained from within the FLV itself?

-Frankie

domedia
06-28-2009, 06:36 PM
You can do this all in Flash. You cannot do anything with the flv file. It's a video format. Just load each one you want when the user clicks the image.

Frankieplus
06-29-2009, 03:57 AM
You can do this all in Flash. You cannot do anything with the flv file. It's a video format. Just load each one you want when the user clicks the image.

Each of my FLV's have an SWF. (If this means anything).

You mentioned that it can be done with Flash.

So to do it in Dreamweaver/HTML, are you saying that I should just have a different URL for each video? SO when user clicks on the link on the right it simply loads an entire new page with the relevant video? Just like any other link loads a new page?

If this is what you're saying, it's how I was originally going to do it but I just thought that there may be a more optimized way of doing what I want rather than having to load an entire new page each time.

Sorry for me being so dumb :(

-Frankie

domedia
06-29-2009, 04:24 AM
Each of my FLV's have an SWF. (If this means anything). Not really, that is the only way to do it :)

You mentioned that it can be done with Flash.

So to do it in Dreamweaver/HTML, are you saying that I should just have a different URL for each video? SO when user clicks on the link on the right it simply loads an entire new page with the relevant video? Just like any other link loads a new page? Nope I'm saying you can just do it all in Flash. Or you can make a page for each video if you want to. Up to you.