PDA

View Full Version : solid color background and fixed page width

swigard
06-20-2009, 04:40 PM
I am a brand new user of DW, and am creating a simple 5 page fixed with website. I have seen many fixed width sites which are similar but have a solid color background which shows full screen. The backgrounds are full screen on all monitors regardless of whether the monitor is standard or wide screen.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to do this. I have poured through the 1,000 pages of the "Missing Manual", Adobe on line support, and I am out of ideas.

Since this effect is so common, I am sure a lot of you know how to do this. I sure would appreciate a little help.

Thanks

Phil:
confused:

Corrosive
06-20-2009, 04:46 PM
I am a brand new user of DW, and am creating a simple 5 page fixed with website. I have seen many fixed width sites which are similar but have a solid color background which shows full screen. The backgrounds are full screen on all monitors regardless of whether the monitor is standard or wide screen.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to do this. I have poured through the 1,000 pages of the "Missing Manual", Adobe on line support, and I am out of ideas.

Since this effect is so common, I am sure a lot of you know how to do this. I sure would appreciate a little help.

Thanks

Phil:
confused:

Go to 'Page Properties' and then select the background colour you want. You might want to set all the margins to '0' as well in the same place. Make sure you take the code that this creates (called CSS styles) and transfer them from between the head tags to a separate style sheet and link this in or you will have to set up each page individually and not have the power of site-wide changes CSS gives you.

Hope this helps :)

swigard
06-21-2009, 02:23 AM
Thanks corrosive - I got it to work.

Phil

Corrosive
06-21-2009, 06:30 AM
Thanks corrosive - I got it to work.

Phil

Nice one :)