PDA

View Full Version : Begginer in need of direction

zadnytsa
06-20-2009, 02:46 AM
I've recently put up a website and am learning to use dreamweaver along the way.

I began with downloading a free template from Freewebsitetemplates.com and got it up and running with some minor changes. So far so good.

Now I want to add more pages but I want to change things like background colors etc. However these are being managed by a css file.

I copied my main page and renamed it for the second page. I want the same layout but different colors etc.

I've found where to change the color code that I want, however my question is this. Do I need a seperate css file for each page or do I need to change all the div names in the existing css for the second page?

I know this is probley a basic question so if someone can point me to a tutorial or something that will get down to the basic structure I would greatly appreciate it.

DWcourse
06-20-2009, 05:57 PM
You could use a separate css for each page but that would duplicate a lot of styles. You can also apply a separate style to the body of each page and use it to customize the appropriate styles.

For instance, if you had one page with <body class="page1"> and another <body class="page2"> you could customize the paragraph style for each one like this:

.page1 p {your style}
.page2 p {your other style}

But keep all the other styles you don't want to change intact.

zadnytsa
06-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm checking it out now.

ibionika
06-23-2009, 03:40 PM
But you dont get me when you write the info in it will then open OUTLOOKBut as no one uses OUTLOOK its not worth it at allNow do you under stand ????