PDA

View Full Version : Using a Photo Gallery

spazzer
06-19-2009, 08:30 AM
Hi all,
I am using Dreamweaver CS3 and am preparing my first website, I need help with using a Photo Gallery, someone suggested using Coppermine or Gallery, they look fine to me but I am unsure how to implement them into my site, for hosting I might use Hostgator (unless anyone has any better suggestions !) they support Coppermine and Gallery Apps.
Would the page that has the Gallery on it need to be a PHP page to work with the above apps ?,also from what I see the photos are uploaded directly to the application so I wouldn't need a Images/Gallery Folder to store the photo's within Dreamweaver !, could anyone advise if this is correct ?
Any help with this would be appreciated !

Thanks Again,
Nick C ;-)

domedia
06-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Would the page that has the Gallery on it need to be a PHP page to work with the above apps ?
If the photo applications are made with PHP,then yes.
,also from what I see the photos are uploaded directly to the application so I wouldn't need a Images/Gallery Folder to store the photo's within Dreamweaver !, could anyone advise if this is correct ? These applications do not have anything to do with Dreamweaver, so I don't think it matters what you do in DW.