PDA

View Full Version : Links work one way, but not the other.

sebrown00
06-13-2009, 01:49 AM
My site is sbrownarchitects.com. When beginning from the Home Page any of the links work. However, when going from any of the pages back to the home page or to other pages, the links do not work. Help! Thanks!

I believe this is the code that deals with the text? I'm not a code pro quite yet---but its coming.

<div id="container">
<div id="sidebar1">
<h3><a href="index.html" class="navigation">Home</a></h3>
<h3><a href="about.html" class="navigation">About</a></h3>
<h3><a href="Portfolio.html" class="navigation">Work</a></h3>
<h3><a href="people.html" class="navigation">People</a></h3>
<h3>&nbsp;</h3>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><strong>646-244-5870</strong> </p>

edbr
06-13-2009, 01:58 AM
your home page is as you say,
first link to home is pointing to file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/index.html
change to index.html

then all other liks are to website/....
when yo navigate to there the link to home is to website/index.html this should be ..?index.html in your code for these pages

sebrown00
06-13-2009, 02:21 AM
Thank you. I changed the link to index.html and it works. I'm a little confused about the other links. Lets say I'm in About and I click on the People link. How should these links read? website/about.html? or just about.html? or other?

edbr
06-13-2009, 02:48 AM
i would put all my pages in the root folder so no need to have a website folder. so then the links would just be about.html or work.html etc
in that case the links will be the same in all pages.

sebrown00
06-13-2009, 03:19 AM
I have the website folder designated at my roots folder, when I used the manage sites command. Under local info I entered this website folder on the C/drive as my local root folder. Did I do something wrong? Should there be simpler paths?

edbr
06-13-2009, 03:26 AM
what did you put where it asks for HTTP address?