PDA

View Full Version : How can I make dropdown menus using a pre-exsisting jpg button?

Mythblstr
06-11-2009, 01:12 AM
I gave up on the fireworks question, I am trying to create a dropdown navigation bar with small jpg images that I have already designed for the site. I looked at the spy dropdowns but they don't appear to be able to use pre-existing images for the button. Can anyone direct me instructions that tell how to create the menus and also how to immigrate the related code into the site please?
Help... I'm attemoting to broaden my Dreamweaver "amiturity":roll:

Mythblstr
06-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Can anyone tell me if there are is a good plugin that creates dropdowns from pre-existing jpg buttons? Or if it's even possible at all to create dropdowns from images or do they have to come from the app that created the menu? I saw many tutorials on how to create dropdowns with spry but I didn't find any way to insert a jpeg to as the button you click on. Can anyone tell me if that is even possible?

DWcourse
06-11-2009, 04:20 PM
You can use a jpeg image as the background for the <a> (link tags) in a spry menu. The text for the links will display over the image. You can also use images for each link in a spry menu but that's a pretty nasty solution.

walkamongus
06-11-2009, 04:48 PM
This approach may be frowned apon so do some research if you are interested... I've built jpg drop-downs utilizing the hide/show option. I believe a google search will pull up a few tutorials. There is probably a cleaner solution, but it has worked for me.