PDA

View Full Version : The template footer is 'moving' on each website page

sebrown00
06-10-2009, 10:26 PM
A new Dreamweaver has returned for help!

I am creating a multi-page site and started with one of the provided three column templates with a header and footer. I have placed images in my footer and have some general text in my sidebar. These images and the text 'move' on each of the different pages that make up my website. Sometimes the images are in the right 'footer' position, sometimes they are half cut off, sometimes there is background below the footer. I'm trying to reposition it but ??? I dont't understand why it is even happening.

Thanks!!

Corrosive
06-10-2009, 10:33 PM
A new Dreamweaver has returned for help!

I am creating a multi-page site and started with one of the provided three column templates with a header and footer. I have placed images in my footer and have some general text in my sidebar. These images and the text 'move' on each of the different pages that make up my website. Sometimes the images are in the right 'footer' position, sometimes they are half cut off, sometimes there is background below the footer. I'm trying to reposition it but ??? I dont't understand why it is even happening.

Thanks!!

Is the website live and, if so, do you have a link we can look at?

MagicPower
06-10-2009, 10:40 PM
it's hard to predict whats wrong without a preview but i think your problem may be because you may have chosen three column with either an elastic, hybrid or liquid. which specific one out of those three is it. try chosing the "fixed." it might solve your problem.

sebrown00
06-10-2009, 11:41 PM
I was just very excited about the "fixed" idea. I tried it but I'm having similar issues, except this time the footer images are jumping around. All I'm doing is inserting images into the footer but it seems to be creating issues.

Unfortunately my site is not published yet, and it am just storing my files on my hard drive. Maybe I can go ahead and publish it and protect it by password. I can send you all the password. Of course I have no idea how to do this. It shall take some research, I am new at this. Is that the best way to view a site "live' without allowing future empolyers to view the site? Or, I will send a sketch of my issue. I have to scan it in tomorrow.

coloeagle
06-10-2009, 11:45 PM
No need to go through all the password jumbo. Just paste your css and html here. Be sure to wrap them inside the code tags.

MagicPower
06-10-2009, 11:46 PM
you know the images in the footer do you want them as background so that you can add text on top of them?

sebrown00
06-11-2009, 03:06 AM
Below is my code. I have no idea if I am giving you all the info needed. Sorry, a little new at this.

To answer an earlier question: No the images are supposed to form a footer that frames the page. The images and footer should always be at the bottom of the page. Well, thats what I want at least.

Thanks!!

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "

domedia
06-11-2009, 04:56 AM
You have to go into the advanced editor, link below on the page.
Then paste your code, highlight the text and click the code button.