PDA

View Full Version : template changes not updating on remote server

james
06-08-2009, 04:56 PM
I recently made changes to the template of a website. The changes were reflected locally. However, when I synchronise or put pages the changes are not reflected on the remote server. Even when I create new pages from the current template and put them to the remote server, the pages on the internet appear with the old template form.

This problem appeared quite suddenly - I had successfully changed and updated the template just a few minutes before.

Has anyone got any ideas?

DWcourse
06-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Assuming you've refreshed your browser and are still seeing the old pages, I'd say your remote site isn't defined correctly (but how that could change suddenly on you, I don't know). Anyway, I'd log in with FTP and check to make sure your update files are in the right directory.

james
06-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I had wondered about the site being defined correctly, but I can't see any problems. I wondered if there might be something changed in settings.

What do you mean by update files?

DWcourse
06-08-2009, 06:36 PM
I meant updated files. without knowing your host I can't say what your remote site definition should look like but usually the Host Directory is set to something like public_html, www or httpdocs. Otherwise you end up uploading into a directory above your root folder.