PDA

View Full Version : new and in need of some help

kevin316
06-06-2009, 11:42 PM
As the title says I am new so let me start by saying HI.

I am brand new to DW but I am slowly getting it. I don't know allot about code but I am learning as I go on.

The problem I have right now is that when I add a horizontal tool bar into the header I can't get it to go to the edges of the page. I have looked and it looks like the margins are set to 0.

I tried to add the menu between the body and the header but I didn't have much luck.

If it matters I am using DW4 and a 2 column fixed width header & footer set-up

Any help would be great.

kevin316
06-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Got it but. is there any way to match the length of the menu bar with the header. I have it close by changing the size of the boxes but it's off just a bit.

DWcourse
06-07-2009, 04:07 PM
It would be easier if we could see the page and/or code.

domedia
06-07-2009, 06:34 PM
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23515

TARCON
06-09-2009, 06:52 PM
I would put the Horizontal Menu Bar in a table and just center it and make the background color of the table the same color as the Menu Bar. I would put the table in the Header and then I would put the width of the table as 100%. That would work...

Corrosive
06-09-2009, 07:52 PM
I would put the Horizontal Menu Bar in a table and just center it and make the background color of the table the same color as the Menu Bar. I would put the table in the Header and then I would put the width of the table as 100%. That would work...

Don't use tables for layout.

TARCON
06-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Yeah, dont use tables for layout. I set up containers and header within the container...

Corrosive
06-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Yeah, dont use tables for layout. I set up containers and header within the container...

Wow, that was a quick turnaround!!! You told them to put their nav in a table an hour ago! Lol :lol:

TARCON
06-09-2009, 08:18 PM
No no no....put the table in the container.....container does the layout....i just suggested to put it in the table because the table will expand to the width of the container...and then make the background the color of the Menu Bar so the Menu Bar does look like it is the same width as the container....I apologize. I assumed that they would put the table in the container. Because that is what I do....I SHOULDN'T ASSUME ANYTHING anymore.

Corrosive
06-09-2009, 08:24 PM
It's not a problem but the correct way to construct a web page nowadays is entirely with css and div tags. Tables are for tabular data. A div will expand with content as well.