PDA

View Full Version : Reposition Flash File

frankmoncrief
06-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Forum:

I want to move a flash file embedded in my index page down 2 inches. How do I do that? Do I need to edit the CSS positioning properties?

Frank Moncrief

domedia
06-07-2009, 07:31 PM
There's no 'inches' per se on the web. It's relative to the screen resolution, so you're going to see different results on different systems.

You're not providing any information about your site, but if you add some top margin to the video containing element, it should in principle work on any web standard website.

TARCON
06-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Maybe just position the cursor above wherever the flash is embedded and that then hit ENTER two or three times. or maybe you can put the flash in a table and put like a 50px top-margin on it?

domedia
06-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Maybe just position the cursor above wherever the flash is embedded and that then hit ENTER two or three times.
That will create empty paragraphs which is not the preferred way to design websites, this is what we have CSS for.
or maybe you can put the flash in a table and put like a 50px top-margin on it? Would work, but ditch the table. There's no tabular data here.