PDA

View Full Version : Feedback and advice needed

speed
06-03-2009, 07:27 AM
http://www.elitetradesmen.com/index.html

I've just had a go at making my first website. I didn't need anything fancy, just something simple and easy to use plus it had to be easy for me to update when needed. I think i'm happy enough with how its turned out but I still have a couple of things left to do which i need help with, these are:

How do i put an add to favourites button on the index page. I want it oposite the elite tradesmen logo and underneath the 2 pictures which have text above them. I also want one of the thin seperator lines above it like i have futher up the page.

I need to set my forms up to be sent to my email and redirect to a thank you page. A link to somewhere with the code with simple instructions on how to use would be much appreciated.

Apart from these things the site is pretty much how i want it but if someone could take a look and make any suggestions as to ways it could be improved or set up that would be great.

Its a lot to ask i know but i really am new to all this and don't really know where to start.

edbr
06-03-2009, 07:47 AM
looks fine to me
your form fields are overlapping its container though

speed
06-03-2009, 07:54 AM
I was about to ask how to fix it but i'll be honest and say i don't even know what you mean. Can you explain what it is and how i fix it and also what problems it will cause. I'm trying to learn all these terms but its a lot to take in.

edbr
06-03-2009, 08:03 AM
if you look at contact and another page (cant remember which) the text areas are too wide. reduce the char width
you have fro ex.
ols="45" rows="5", make ols="45" less, maybe 35

speed
06-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the advice, it does look better as you suggest.