PDA

View Full Version : Really confused trying to set up submit form button

speed
05-30-2009, 06:52 PM
I've created a form (i'll post the code below). What i need it to do is send the form information to my email. So far everything i've tried just opens up an email, not what i want. I've read something about 'server-side interpreter' which means absolutley nothing to me. I need exact instructions as to what i do, where i put it etc. It really needs to be as simple an explanation as possible. Cheers guys here's the code...

<form method="POST" action="mailto:.com (.com)" ENCTYPE="text/plain">
<p>First Name: &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Last Name:<br>
<input type="text" name="FirstName">
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<input type="text" name="LastName" />
<p>Tel:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Your Email: <br>
<input type="text" name="Tel">
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<input type="text" name="EmailFrom" />
<p>Basic job details:<br>
<textarea name="Basicjobdetails" cols="47" rows="5"></textarea>
<p>
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit" />
</form></h2>

domedia
05-30-2009, 07:28 PM
A browser cannot configure and send an email, you have to use your server for that. The Action attribute has to point to a URL which handles how the email is generated.

Also you should really strip out thet Non-breaking space spam you got going on :) With some simple CSS, you'll remove 90% of the code.

DWcourse
05-30-2009, 07:35 PM
This thread might help: http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32204