PDA

View Full Version : PHP, MySql & Wamp

topdog
05-29-2009, 10:05 PM
I have just watched the video on the title. Downloaded the Wamp package and make the following comment.

The config. file that has to be changed is a .php file which does not open with Notepad - it does open with Dreamweaver and the latest version of Wamp is 5. There is a different layout to the phpadmin and, although the video does not have to be redone, it would be helpful if the webpage was changed to advise of the change of version.

I get the following error message

Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.51a differs from your MySQL server version 5.1.33. This may cause unpredictable behavior.

Any idea why and what do I have to do to correct?

Brian

davidj
05-30-2009, 10:00 PM
WAMPSERVER is just a deployment tool for installing the three technologies in one swoop.

If you have installed the technologies previously then you should remove the older (in age not build) versions before installing WAMPSERVER.

The config. file that has to be changed is a .php file which does not open with Notepad

PHP is text. You have to tell your operating system to associate the file type with the application.

right click on the file and select "open with"

navigate to notepad.exe and it will open

alternatively

open notepad and go...

menu / open /-> browse for PHP file and click ok

Simples...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_J3fikb5Rjl8/SYRgD1mBxfI/AAAAAAAAAjw/Hi_IBFCvzNk/s320/l55085907066_3775.jpg

topdog
05-31-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks - When I try to use notepad it gives me the content but without good line breaks - difficult to read.

I used Dreamweaver to open the php file and that worked.

Brian

davidj
06-01-2009, 12:00 PM
notepad++ is nice for quick changes

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

i use filezilla as my FTP client and i config zilla to use notepad++ as my code editor

i right click a file in zilla on remote window and choose edit

the file downloads and opens in ++

I save the changes and close ++ and zilla auto uploads the file for me

brilliante!

topdog
06-03-2009, 03:01 AM
Thanks for the info - this knowledge must come from Newcastle Brown Ale. Now that brings back memories.

edbr
06-03-2009, 03:52 AM
Now that brings back memories.
then you clearly didnt drink enough of it