PDA

View Full Version : drawing shapes

Jac
05-29-2009, 10:27 AM
hello,

I have created a page using divs in CSS and since everything falls one after the other (with the exception of some floating) I am unable to layer text on top of where I now have a div which is a box with a thin black border.

I want to keep this border as something that runs through each page on the site, sometimes I will insert an image, but sometimes I will just write inside of it. In this case, I want to write my contact information and then set up a form for email contact.

Can I either layer this text and form on top of this div box? or should i remove the div box, and just use a box shape? This is what i was thinking of doing, but I can't seem to figure out how to draw a simple box with a thin black border.

Thank you in advance.

edbr
05-29-2009, 10:34 AM
difficult to say without seeing your code but you can do this

Jac
05-29-2009, 11:02 AM
thank you for your reply, but I think I am more beginner than that. I am not code oriented, so these examples are pretty hard for me to understand. I am looking for something more like a tool is its possible.

in the mean time i will try and understand this...

DWcourse
05-29-2009, 07:09 PM
but if you post a url or the code for your page someone here may be able to give you a a simple answer.