View Full Version : Rollover text and image help needed

05-29-2009, 08:51 AM
I know virtually nothing about dreamweaver, I've done a very basic course but that was years ago. I'm trying to bulid a very simple website but i'm stuck on a few things already. I've tried to search but can't find the answers i need, at least not ones that are simple enough for me to understand. Any help with the following things would be much appreciated.

1. I have an image which links to one of my other pages, when the mouse is over it i get the hand icon. I want a text box to pop up just like it does when you mouse over the back arrow icon in the top left hand screen in ie.

2. I have some text on the same line, it is a couple of phone numbers. I want them seperated a bit but i realise that i can't add a tab or a series of spaces to do this. If i try to use the align tool it moves all the text on that line and not just the bit i want to move.

3. Probably the most difficult one. The images i have on my page at the moment appear to have rounded edges when viewed, The actual images do not. I originally thought the images had been edited in photoshop or something similar but as the images in the file are still normal images i assume it must be something in dreamweaver creating this effect. I want to replace the image i have on the page now but when i do i lose the rounded corners look.

Sorry my descriptions might not be very good, i will try to give more detail if need be.

05-29-2009, 09:06 AM
alink or code would be of more use

05-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Sorry, told you i was new to all this. I've uploaded the page which i am working on to here http://www.elitepromotions.org/arch/index1.html

05-29-2009, 09:43 AM
#2 is the easiest to answer shift-control-spacebar gives an extra line space or   in code

05-29-2009, 09:49 AM
the rounded look is got by absolutely positioned images in the divs so if you replace just the img source it should still be ok (same size images perhaps

05-29-2009, 09:54 AM
ill pass on the ie question running out of time im afraid