PDA

View Full Version : Rollover text and image help needed

speed
05-29-2009, 08:51 AM
I know virtually nothing about dreamweaver, I've done a very basic course but that was years ago. I'm trying to bulid a very simple website but i'm stuck on a few things already. I've tried to search but can't find the answers i need, at least not ones that are simple enough for me to understand. Any help with the following things would be much appreciated.

1. I have an image which links to one of my other pages, when the mouse is over it i get the hand icon. I want a text box to pop up just like it does when you mouse over the back arrow icon in the top left hand screen in ie.

2. I have some text on the same line, it is a couple of phone numbers. I want them seperated a bit but i realise that i can't add a tab or a series of spaces to do this. If i try to use the align tool it moves all the text on that line and not just the bit i want to move.

3. Probably the most difficult one. The images i have on my page at the moment appear to have rounded edges when viewed, The actual images do not. I originally thought the images had been edited in photoshop or something similar but as the images in the file are still normal images i assume it must be something in dreamweaver creating this effect. I want to replace the image i have on the page now but when i do i lose the rounded corners look.

Sorry my descriptions might not be very good, i will try to give more detail if need be.

edbr
05-29-2009, 09:06 AM
alink or code would be of more use

speed
05-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Sorry, told you i was new to all this. I've uploaded the page which i am working on to here http://www.elitepromotions.org/arch/index1.html

edbr
05-29-2009, 09:43 AM
#2 is the easiest to answer shift-control-spacebar gives an extra line space or   in code

edbr
05-29-2009, 09:49 AM
the rounded look is got by absolutely positioned images in the divs so if you replace just the img source it should still be ok (same size images perhaps

edbr
05-29-2009, 09:54 AM
ill pass on the ie question running out of time im afraid