PDA

View Full Version : First time need input

TracyKong
05-26-2009, 10:22 PM
After watching Lynda.com video, I finally got my first index page up over the holiday.
Still need to play around with Spry menu bar before making it a template for sub pages to link to.
Please let me know what you all think. (photoshop done by sis friend)

www.tracykong.com (http://www.tracykong.com)

Thanks,

edbr
05-27-2009, 01:24 AM
godd going , nice to see you are using divs. i am a bit overwhelmed by the body background but its a matter of personal taste :)

TracyKong
05-27-2009, 03:06 AM
edbr, thanks I follow almost step by step from Lynda.com video.
the body background will have to be change, I agree it a bit too much. We will try to find something lighter and not taking attention from the main body.

Corrosive
05-27-2009, 06:28 AM
I like it. The look and feel are right for what you are doing. I also think your use of white space is great, as your arrangements should be the star of the show and not the website, which is a mistake lots of new users make.

I take it there will be some more content so that the spry menu won't be longer than the page?

d a v e
05-27-2009, 01:52 PM
looks good
should be
"Tracy Kong
Flower arrangements"

orange text on teal background is too hard to read - try white text

use a subtle border - say the green from the background lightened about 50% around the main area to stop it floating there

your logo is fully transparent (24 bit png with alpha transparency) when it only needs to be 8-bit png with transparency or simply a white background. (try attached)

you have ane empty div and you need to remove this
#
from before the id name ;)

TracyKong
05-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Dave, Corrosive,
Thanks will take your advice and make changes needed.