PDA

View Full Version : getting rid of frontpage??!!

peterkim
05-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Hello there,
I have little experience in web designing and need some help. my current company website is ancient made with fron page, but i just created a completely new (not upgraded) html pages and images, which i want to publish. i know nothing about frontpage and the publishing methods, so i want to know the quickiest way to get rid of the old html files on my remote ftp server (btwebworld if it helps). i know how to upload and publish with dreamweaver (unbeliveably easy) but i can't get rid of the old files. i know dreamweaver will try to replace the files but these are new files with new names, so i don't know what is going to happen.
many thanks

Corrosive
05-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Hello there,
I have little experience in web designing and need some help. my current company website is ancient made with fron page, but i just created a completely new (not upgraded) html pages and images, which i want to publish. i know nothing about frontpage and the publishing methods, so i want to know the quickiest way to get rid of the old html files on my remote ftp server (btwebworld if it helps). i know how to upload and publish with dreamweaver (unbeliveably easy) but i can't get rid of the old files. i know dreamweaver will try to replace the files but these are new files with new names, so i don't know what is going to happen.
many thanks

If you are wiping the slate totally clean then connect to your current site with DW. It should show you all the files you have if you use 'remote view'. Delete all the files and then upload/synchronize your new website.

peterkim
05-26-2009, 05:10 PM
ah, that easy!
Thank you for your advice, will go and try that out.

Corrosive
05-26-2009, 05:11 PM
ah, that easy!
Thank you for your advice, will go and try that out.

Make sure you keep a back up of everything just in case! <<< from bitter experience :wink:

peterkim
05-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Oh yes i am keeping one copy on my computer, one on the laptop, external hd and a hard copy printed, you never know...
Thanks again for your help.

davidj
05-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Make sure you keep a back up of everything just in case! <<< from bitter experience :wink:

I think that could have been a dig Mr Che!