PDA

View Full Version : SEO Area

cocoonfx
05-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Hello Chaps

Would it be possible to have a SEO section?

domedia
05-26-2009, 03:38 AM
Neat idea. I'll look at some numbers and see if there's any interest.

Corrosive
05-26-2009, 11:10 AM
I second the suggestion. Good idea to focus a board on SEO.

edbr
05-27-2009, 03:25 AM
i have often thought that , but it would require a very comprehensive guide as a sticky to begin or it will be bogged down with the same how do i get my site in google first page question

DWcourse
05-27-2009, 04:28 AM
In a past life I helped my son create a small SEO forum (http://www.seorefugee.com/forums/). I'm no longer involved in day to day operations but I still visit there. The folks are generally friendly and helpful.

There are also a lot of other SEO forums, blogs and sites out there. I suspect you'd get better information from one of them without reinventing the wheel here.

coloeagle
05-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Just my two cents, :-D

In brief,
There are basic SEO things that need to be considered for each and every site. When getting into the particulars of each site you need to know that SEO is not an exact thing. What works for one site could hurt another site.

I can see this from two sides.

For the honest and concerned member an SEO board can be beneficial. One stop for all, code, design and seo questions.

Being an active member and volunteer admin on an SEO/Marketing forum I can say that there can be more work for the admins and mods here. With the SEO spammers looking for places to do there link drop posts, sometimes by the dozen. And then all the wanna be so-called SEO gurus doing their share of spam posts for their clients.

Ranana_Etex
06-22-2009, 10:04 PM
I like the idea of an SEO/Marketing forum for posting resources and agree that its really upto moderators to filter out posts with links to their own sites, etc.