PDA

View Full Version : Preview not displaying as shown im DW

Jac
05-25-2009, 10:37 AM
hello all,

I am very new to DW, and doing some basic practice for my new webpage.
I have a text AP Div which I want to align with an edge of another object. When i try to preview this in Firefox, the text is no longer aligned.
The text is supposed to be 2 lines long, and the preview is making 3, with one orphan word at the bottom.

any tips on what the heck is going on?

thanks!

Corrosive
05-25-2009, 10:39 AM
hello all,

I am very new to DW, and doing some basic practice for my new webpage.
I have a text AP Div which I want to align with an edge of another object. When i try to preview this in Firefox, the text is no longer aligned.
The text is supposed to be 2 lines long, and the preview is making 3, with one orphan word at the bottom.

any tips on what the heck is going on?

thanks!

Design view is a guide only. Browsers display sites in different ways so it can never be spot on. Welcome to the biggest headache of web design.

Jac
05-25-2009, 10:46 AM
oh no...
too bad!

thanks for your reply :)

Corrosive
05-25-2009, 10:48 AM
oh no...
too bad!

thanks for your reply :)

Yes, it sucks but as you get more experienced you will learn each browser's 'quirks'. It does get easier I promise.

Top tip; Make sure you keep looking at code/split view to see what DW is doing for you. Eventually you will end up using code view alone...but not quite yet.

Jac
05-25-2009, 10:53 AM
oh really? so that eventually becomes the easier/better way?
i guess if i want this website to become a real, live, working thing I will have to be able to do that stuff with my eyes closed.
thanks for the tip, I will definitely keep peeking in there and seeing whats going on...

thanks!

Corrosive
05-25-2009, 11:00 AM
oh really? so that eventually becomes the easier/better way?
i guess if i want this website to become a real, live, working thing I will have to be able to do that stuff with my eyes closed.
thanks for the tip, I will definitely keep peeking in there and seeing whats going on...

thanks!

Aye, do that. Nearly everyone reverts to hand coding eventually. :)

DWcourse
05-25-2009, 08:50 PM
type size (and hence line breaks) vary Mac to PC and you always have the possibility of the users increasing the type size so design to allow for text areas to expand.

Jac
05-26-2009, 01:00 AM
thanks for your help!