PDA

View Full Version : Help! Links vs. templates

adanc3rsmom
05-22-2009, 06:10 AM
I purchased a template which I have used to put together a multi-page site. Everything has come together well until now... I am now going back and putting the link information into the templates. It seems to be updating the other files; however, when I test the links to see if they work... they only work off the template! The pages don't work.

I am wondering: The templates are in a template file and the rest of the pages are in a "my website" file.

Also, upon my reading... I have come across some things that are saying that I should have my homepage as index.html - which I do... and it is in "my website" folder; however, I also have an index.dwt file in the template file which is my template. Is this the problem??

I know the fix is probably really simple but I have been trying to figure it out for hours and hours and I cannot.

edbr
05-22-2009, 07:31 AM
from the template the links would be ../page.html where in youtr pages they will need to be page,html that is most likely your problem

Corrosive
05-22-2009, 08:04 AM
When you save your template DW should create a folder called Templates and put your .dwt file in there. the rest of your files need to be in your root folder and this includes index.html. It sounds like you have moved stuff around and it has broken.

Have you read my quick guide on getting started with templates?

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/dreamweaver-templates.php